Highlighting one of the most innovative animation studios producing content today, Alex and Jonathan look at the four feature films produced by Irish studio Cartoon Saloon: The Secret of Kells (2009), Song of the Sea (2014), The Breadwinner (2017), and Wolfwalkers (2020). We discuss the unique art style, the various cultural influences, and the ongoing work and legacy of Cartoon Saloon.
Also on iTunes
Skip to: The Secret of Kells (05:23), Song of the Sea (24:23), The Breadwinner (37:24), Wolfwalkers (52:17), Overall (1:07:33), Coming Attractions (1:23:39)
Resources referenced in this episode:
- WATCH: Henry Thomas Audition for E.T.
- LISTEN: Episode 16. Toy Story: or How Alex Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Pixar
- WATCH: Luca (2021) Trailer
- Alex on Twitter: @AlexGeringer
- Jonathan on Twitter: @JSSatchell
- Jason on Twitter: @TheBluejay1994
Coming Attractions – Jaques Cousteau
- The Silent World (1956)
- World Without Sun (1964)
- Voyage to the Edge of the World (1976)
- The Odyssey (2016)
Intro/outro music by Mike Braudrick