Jonathan sits down with Hayden Chauffe today to discuss the career of the modern filmmaker’s filmmaker, Quentin Tarantino, in the films Reservoir Dogs (1992), Inglourious Basterds (2009), and The Hateful Eight (2015). We talk about Tarantino’s literary story structure, the controversies that tend to follow his films, and the way he breaks various rules of filmmaking for effect.
Also on iTunes
Skip to: Reservoir Dogs (15:38), Inglourious Basterds (38:57), The Hateful Eight (1:19:09), Overall (1:43:58), Coming Attractions (1:52:40)
Resources referenced in this episode:
- READ: Interview with Quentin Tarantino
- Hayden on Twitter: @HaydenChauffe
- Hayden’s sketch comedy channel: *Now With Milk!
- Jonathan on Twitter: @JSSatchell
- Jason the Narrator on Twitter: @TheBluejay1994
- Alex on Twitter: @AlexGeringer
Coming Attractions – Swashbuckling
- The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)
- Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
Intro/outro music by Mike Braudrick