The World Tour carries Alex and Jonathan to South Korea this week where we look at Oldboy (2003), The Host (2006), and The Good the Bad the Weird (2008). We discuss elements that make up neo-noir films, mixing tones, and the pervasive violence of Korean film.
Also on iTunes
Skip to: Oldboy (2:49), The Host (25:40), The Good the Bad the Weird (41:12) Overall (54:33), Coming Attractions (1:06:03)
Resources referenced in this episode:
- Oldboy – Resurrecting the Greek Tragedy Video Essay
- Further Watching From Joon-ho Bong:
- Roger Ebert Oldboy Review
- Alex on Twitter: @AlexGeringer
- Jonathan on Twitter: @JSSatchell
Next stop, Iran!
Next week we head to Iran and talk about the films: