What makes sound, and is informative?
The Filmlings film analysis podcast!
Alex and Jonathan welcome their first guest, Aaron Johnson, to the podcast to talk about four major reboots of the cinematic portrayal of Batman: Batman: The Movie (1966), Batman (1989), Batman Begins (2005), and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016). We talk about how the comics influence the films (and vice versa), changing visual styles, and the steady darkening of tone over time.
Also on iTunes
Resources referenced in this episode:
- The Batman Returns Controversy
- How Batman v Superman Should Have Ended
- Gotham on FOX
- The LEGO Batman Movie
- The Dork Knight Podcast
- Aaron on Twitter: @aaronmichael_j
- Alex on Twitter: @AlexGeringer
- Jonathan on Twitter: @JSSatchell
Next week we take a look at the last three Best Picture Oscar winners: