Alex and Jonathan are watching closely this week as we examine Christopher Nolan’s technique and themes in Following (1998), The Prestige (2006), and Interstellar (2014). We discuss Nolan’s “temporal cross-cutting” technique, obsessive characters, and how he ranks with other top directors.
Also on iTunes
Resources referenced in this episode:
- Christopher Nolan on Following
- Interstellar Timeline Infographic
- Christopher Nolan Interview with Newsnight
- Why isn’t Christopher Nolan on the Level of Steven Spielberg?
- Alex onTwitter: @AlexGeringer
- Jonathan on Twitter: @JSSatchell
Next week we will be watching three adaptations of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice for Valentine’s day: